Share Option Schemes
As Share Option Scheme specialists we can advise on the various options available to employers to retain and incentivise key staff.
We can offer suggestions on the best scheme to suit your business and assist with set-up, maintenance and compliance of all schemes including:
- share valuation
- ongoing correspondence with HMRC.
The various schemes include:
- Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) – an approved scheme now very popular with smaller companies. It is cost effective and is a good way of creating loyalty, motivation and securing the long term future of employees
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP) – another approved scheme which requires all employees to be included , so not as selective as EMI
- Company Share Ownership Plan (CSOP) – approved and similar in nature to EMI but with different time limits, monetary limits on options and a lesser CGT advantage
- Unapproved share options – no ‘approved’ tax advantages but very flexible